Saturday, April 12, 2008

...grilled rainbow trout

Well...this is going to be a very different post but it is what I am thinking right now.  I love to cook.  I know what you are thinking..."Wow, Brent you are amazing.  Is there anything that you can't do?!?"...and the answer is no (kidding).  But I do love to cook, I love to take on a new recipe, food, etc.  and see how everything turns out.  I find cooking to be incredibly relaxing and an amazing way for me to slow down and clear my head...I know that I am weird.  Honestly, I like to cook so much that Julie and I have had to work out who will be the main cook in the family.  Our solution is that she gets most nights but I get the really awesome dishes so that they will be "Dad's dishes" like "Dad's shrimp" or "Dad's steak"...I think it was a good solution. So from time to time, I am going to share my thoughts on recipes, foods, and restaurants.  I know, its incredibly random...

Tonight, I tried out a new recipe and it was fantastic.  It was rainbow trout grilled on a cedar plank with corn and asparagus.  I must say...it was received with a rave review from the world renowned food critic, Julie Duhrkopf.  

The fish was very flavorful and the entire meal was very filling but also light at the same time.  Julie said that it was the perfect spring time meal...and remember, she is a world famous critic.  I think its a meal that the entire family would enjoy, assuming that you like seafood.  By the way, I have never understood people not liking seafood...but that is a topic for another day.  So check out the recipe and give it a whirl...I think that you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Here is the recipe which you can find on foodnetwork.com.  Which by the way is an amazing source for good food ideas.

I know that this was incredibly random.  But its me and that is what this is all about.  As my grandfather always says, "If the good lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I'll see you on the other side"...

-BD

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't like seafood. why is that weird?

Brent said...

I just think that it is the greatest food in the world...and you are missing out. Thats all.