Wednesday, April 9, 2008

...beginnings

I do not have enough time right now to adequately dive into what has been on my mind lately but I wanted to give a quick preview:

-Go check out Ephesians 2:1-10

Everyone has their "favorite verse" of the Bible, and if I am required to pick only one...this would be it.  I love the picture of the brokenness, sin, and wretchedness of man in light of God's amazing goodness.  I love the "but" is verse 4 because I think its the most beautiful word in scripture.  I love the fact that we are called God's workmanship (interestingly, the word workmanship is also the word for poetry in the original language...I think its cool).  I love the fact that we are saved by GRACE...

...there it is..its Grace.  Thats the thing that keeps me up at night, thats the thing that constantly races through my head like a llama escaping a lion, and thats the thing that keeps me thinking.  Grace.  What is it?  What is your view of grace?  Why is it so hard for me to get my head around it?

...I guess we will just have to explore that on another occasion.

1 comment:

TJ Wilson said...

B - this looks great, love your title. And love that J will have that same name soon! Fun stuff, I look forward to reading your thoughts.