Tuesday, April 22, 2008

...going green

Even though the concept of "going green" has now become nothing more than one more sales pitch for corporate America...I am on board.  I have been thinking about it for awhile but I am here to announce that...I am "going green".  I am not really sure what this will look like yet but I know that the first thing that I am going to do is set up the apartment that Julie and I are going to be living in with an energy provider that uses all renewable energy like Green Mountain Energy.  This will be a process...I drive a truck for example...but I am going to take steps such as walking to work from the new apartment.

I decided this because of Earth Day...I felt it was time.

More details to come...

Does anyone have good ideas about how to go "green"?  I would welcome your thoughts. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ride your bike to work

Brent said...

I would ride my bike except its literally 100 yards from my new apartment to my new office...so it would be overkill to bust out the bike.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brent,
Fun to find your blog (I've linked to you now). I suggest taking small steps. Ideal Bite has some good ideas. You can do things like putting a brick in your toilet tank to reduce water. Hanging up clothes to dry (although that might be harder in an apartment). Taking your own bags with you to the grocery store. Using cloth napkins (register for them!) and dish rags rather than paper. (we go through about one paper towel roll every 6-8 weeks now that we switched). Setting your thermostat 1-2 degrees cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer.
Just a few thoughts. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the book.

Davey G said...

you could always pee off the balcony of your new apartment... doesn't waste the toilet water.