Friday, April 25, 2008

...amazing grace

My favorite hymn of all time is Amazing Grace and I may have to admit that it could be my favorite song.  This wasn't the grace until recently, as I have been diving in and trying to understand what exactly grace entails. (see previous blog on grace)  And every time I do, I leave saying, "thats amazing".  That old song has been sung for a very long time and I think for most of us it has lost its meaning, but I pray that we slow down and hear the words.  I pray that we hear the passion in the words "Amazing Grace".  Thats my challenge to all of us...hear the words and fall in love with the free gift of grace.

Amazing Grace (How sweet the sound)
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev'd;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ'd!

Thro' many dangers, toils and snare,
I have already come;
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall profess, within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be for ever mine.

No comments: