Monday, April 14, 2008

...1001 things and a maddening world

Why is it that there always seems to be something that has to get done?  Why is that when your plate already seems like it can't possibly be added too...it gets added to?  Why is it that when there are a 1000 things going on...there has to be a 1001 and a 1002...etc.?

It appears that I failed to capitalize on the very "easy" beginning of the semester and instead pushed everything back so that everything has to get done in a very condensed amount of time...yes, I am an idiot.

When will I learn?  Hopefully soon...perhaps...maybe not...

Lord, help me to stay focused on you in the midst of a maddening world.  I pray that I don't sacrifice moments of intimacy with you in order to get the 1003rd thing done.  It is so easy to prioritize but so often my priorities get out of whack because I fail to place you as primary. Humble me Lord, and allow me to rest and trust in you alone.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Great blog, Brent! There is just so much to blogging. It's an amazingly perfect place to think things out.
Glad more people are picking up on its coolness. :)