Tuesday, April 22, 2008

...fresh fruit batidos

It has been a few days since I last posted.  It has been nuts between new jobs and seminary and I just have not had the time to sit down and write a good post.  But have no fear...I'm back.  And I am back with one of my all-time favorite recipes.

I have a confession to make...I am an INTENSE sweet tooth.  It doesn't matter if its cookies, cakes, pudding, ice cream, or fruit...if its a dessert, I will eat it.  It is so bad that when I went on a cruise this summer, I would order 2 desserts for dinner. Hmmm...this may explain why I am out of shape?  Maybe I should explore that sometime.

But now I want to pass on one of my favorite dessert recipes and it is even [relatively] healthy. It is a recipe from Bobby Flay called Fresh Fruit Batidos.  It is the perfect summer time dessert as it combines fresh, sweet mangos and ice cream to make a very smooth and fun dessert that everyone will enjoy.  I have cooked this desert for a plethora of people and I have never had a single person not like it...and that includes Ryan Jackson who doesn't eat fruit.  So check it out...it literally takes 3 minutes and it will blow your mind.

Here it the recipe: (or you can go to the recipe on foodnetwork.com)

6 ounces mango sorbet 
3 ounces vanilla ice cream 
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango, plus mango slices, for garnish 
5/8 cup cold milk
 
1 to 2 tablespoons honey, or more to taste 
Mint sprigs, for garnish

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a 10-ounce glass and serve immediately. Garnish with a mango slice and mint sprig, if desired.

So...there it a fantastic recipe for you to all check out.  I absolutely love it.

BD

No comments: