Tuesday, April 8, 2008

...at first glimpse

So I am going to embark on this blogging journey without any idea of what I am going to write about on this thing.  At this point in my life, I have lots of questions but not very many answers and I am ok with that...or atleast trying really hard to be ok with it.

I pray that this can be a glimpse at my own journey as I seek to know and understand my wonderful savior deeply.  Things such as grace, mercy, the Trinity and Christ's sacrifice have been constantly running through my mind lately and I find myself continuously turning to scripture and begging God to help me to understand him better.  It is an exciting journey and I hope that my thoughts may encourage you to ponder the wonder and beauty of God for yourself.  I encourage you to go deep into scripture, seek out community, and ask lots of questions.  That is how we will begin to catch a glimpse of our beautiful savior...If you don't know Jesus, welcome and join into the conversation.

Well, thats it for now.  I will be back.
-BD

P.S.  I am also a huge cooking and movie buff so I will probably include some reviews of movies, restaurants, etc....just to spice things up (get it...spice...like cooking).  This will definitely be an electic assortment of thoughts and musings.  It should be fun.

2 comments:

Davey G said...

"spice" -- you're such a dork. But I'm excited you now have a blog!

Tamra Dore' said...

Sounds interesting. I love the title of your blog. I will be reading, I am trying to get started in blogging myself but find it intimidating! So, good for you for getting started!