Thursday, April 17, 2008

...a brand new adventure

Well...it has been a few days since I last posted anything.  But you are all in luck because this is a pretty important one today.  I have some big news....drumroll please...seriously, this is earth shattering news...

I am very excited to announce that I have accepted the position of Director of Student Ministries at my church, Trinity Chapel Bible Church.  This is an opportunity that I never expected but one that Julie and I both feel is where God is leading us.  The past year has been crazy as I began working at Trinity as the college intern, began seminary, graduated TCU, got engaged and this is just the next step.

It has been crazy to see God work in the midst of everything in the past few weeks.  The idea was first presented to me around Spring Break and I had a lot of questions but God grabbed a hold of me and really opened my eyes to what He was doing and where He was taking Julie and I.  I could not be more excited to get involved with the students at Trinity Chapel, to encourage the leaders who are working with the students, and just see God work in the lives of students.

Please pray for Julie and I as we make this transition, pray that God would prepare us and allow us to have an impact on these students.  Just pray that God's name would be known.  

I never would have seen this coming, but now I wouldn't have it any other way...isn't it crazy how God works?

BD

No comments: